Joderline Yo!

The happiest of people don't necessarily have to have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes along their way.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Beached Whale

Sunday was a day that I have not been looking forward to for a long time. My niece, who just had a baby in March, has been wanting to go to the beach ever since her baby's been born. Well, she is back to almost her normal size and looks amazing. This is her second child. So anyway, I hear "beach" and my ears perk up! Then, I look down and remember... oh yeah... this won't be as fun as it used to be. I'm a cow! Well, anyway, almost everyone our age on my hubby's side of the family thought the beach idea was a great one. Soooo, we went too. I didn't want to ruin the fun for hubby just b/c I feel like a bloated whale - hey, i'll fit right in, in the ocean. I just hope I don't scare some little innocent kids.

Anyway, a bunch of us went on Sunday. By a bunch of us, I mean the guys, three really cute thin girls, aaaand me. I actually saw quite a few prego's out there soakin up the sun. I was surprised. Only, these girls were NOT ashamed of their oversized basketballs. They let it all hang out in their tiny little bikini's. HA! Well, that's fine for them, but no sir... that's just not me. I had my little granny skirt / tank top bathing suit on. It's such a cute bathing suit! It's just what's underneath that's frightening. Anyway, I covered up as much as possible by still allowing myself to feel cool in the hot sun. Well, anyway, we all lathered on our suntan lotion. Hubby wanted me to put 45 on him. WOW, I thought. There's no way i'm putting that much block on me! I want to get a little sun! So, I put something with a less SPF on. Aaaand so did everyone else. Almost everyone got very red except for my smart little hubby. I believe I got the reddest though. The only parts of my body that are not red are half way up my thighs, my whole stomach, oh yeah... and a few splotchy parts on my hands where the SPF 45 didn't come off when I rubbed it on hubby! Aghh. It looked so funny. In between my fingers and other parts on my hands were white, while some parts were bright red.
So, anyway. I just thought i'd share my Sunday Burnt story. I'm still in pain by the way. I rub Aloe on myself at least 5 times a day. Ohhh I can't wait until it turns to tan! It's getting there, yay!

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home