Joderline Yo!

The happiest of people don't necessarily have to have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes along their way.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Baby Update

Okay. Isn't it about TIME already!!??! My baby's due date is this coming monday, June 19th. I can't believe how fast time has flown by. But, enough waiting already, right!? I'm SO ready to have her here! I'm so much more uncomfortable than you could ever imagine. Last night I woke up throughout the night MULTIPLE times. The worst was when I woke up at 2:21AM and couldn't fall asleep until about 5-somethin' AM. It was horrible! I just layed there in bed in pain and discomfort and annoyance from the inability to fall asleep. SHEEEEESH!

So, anyway. At my last Dr. apt. which was Tuesday, the 6th, my midwife told me that my baby doesn't seem to be ready and that she'll probably be late. NOT what I wanted to hear. Ohh well. It's all in God's timing. I still REALLY hope that she's born ON the 19th though. If you can remember to pray for that date, I would MUCH appreciate it. :o)

Okay... so here is this week's update according to my online pregnancy calendar. It's kinda funny! :o)

Size: Huge. (Seriously. It says that.)
Development: Fully formed.
About Your Pregnancy: If your due date comes and goes, your pregnancy will be officially postdate. If you're still pregnant two weeks from your due date, then your pregnancy will be post-term. Anywhere from three to twelve percent of pregnant women may go post-term. The good news is that the baby is going to come out at some point -- the bad news is that it may be as long as two weeks from now. In the meantime, your care provider will check your dilation and effacement to try to predict when labor will begin.
About You: We understand that you are bigger and more uncomfortable than you ever thought possible. We know you can't sleep or do much more than watch television, read, and make trips to the bathroom. These are tedious times, but do try to enjoy the peace and quiet. Don't feel guilty about just sitting around. Do try to stretch your legs and encourage labor with daily walks. Walk while talking to your baby about how you're ready for her, or try singing "Get Down Tonight" or "Happy Birthday to You," or whatever you find encouraging. Relax yourself and your abdominal muscles as you walk. (lol ha haha ha. 'Get Down Tonight'... haha ahhh)
Labor: So what if labor just doesn't happen? If you hit forty-two weeks, your doctor will assess the baby's health with a non-stress test. Your care provider may use ultrasound to see if your baby has enough amniotic fluid. If the baby seems fine, you and your care provider can discuss when to schedule induction of labor. No matter what, one way or another, somehow, that baby is getting out!

Yeah, well, let's hope so! I don't know how much more of this I can take! I just really hope I am not late. I don't want that to happen. But, I do know God is in control and my baby is going to come at HIS perfect time!

Well, that's all for today! :o)

P.S. - I just tried putting two pics on here and blogger won't let me. They're pics of a baby inside the womb at about the size my baby should be right now (full term). I'll try to post them again later.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:09 AM, Blogger Yancy said…

    June 14

    Okay Frantzine... Today's the day!

    PUSH JODIE! PUSH!

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger ImaMommie said…

    Hahaha. Yeah. Tell Frantzine that! I'm more anxious for her to be here than ANYONE!!!

     
  • At 11:11 AM, Blogger Emily said…

    PLEASE sing "Get Down Tonight"!!!!! That is the funniest thing EVER! We're praying for you.... Don't forget to have Jill call me as SOON as something happens!

     
  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger Yancy said…

    Okay Frantzine. Now I've decided that you will make your debut on June 18 (Father's Day).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home