Joderline Yo!

The happiest of people don't necessarily have to have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes along their way.

Friday, June 30, 2006

Felicity

Felicity means Happiness and that is exactly what Aaron and I feel.

So, today is Friday... well, technically, it's Saturday morning at 12:24am. I've been sleeping since 9:00pm, but Aaron just now got home from doing some plumbing work for a friend, so now i'm up... and i'm glad. I needed to do some therapy, and right now blog world is my therapy.

I haven't seen my cute, precious, darling, gorgeous, sweet baby girl since Thursday. It was really hard for both me and Aaron to come home without her. Yes, i'm so glad to be home, but it's soooo hard being here and her not with me. I always had pictured in my mind that when we left the hospital, she would be riding home with us in her little car seat and we would bring her home and introduce her to her new life! But, now we are here and she is still at the hospital. It's okay though. Time is passing fast, thank you Jesus!!! Only two more days. PLUS, my brother and his wife (Osh and Mando) are coming to visit us and they will be here tomorrow evening, so THAT will be SO awesome!!!

Anyway, I know all of you are so much waiting to see pictures of my precious baby girl - Felicity! So, you will see lots! (for a link to the pics, scroll to the bottom of this blog)

The story about my delivery is that I woke up Sunday morning at around 4:00am having minor contractions. I wasn't even sure that's what they were, so I called the midwife on call and she said they were. Well, I couldn't sleep, so I got up and started doing dishes and cleaning the house. Did a little reading and writing and made a few phone calls as time passed. I let hubby sleep in until about 9:15, then I realized - HOLY COW! It's TIME! So, within 15 minutes Aaron and I were on our way to the hospital! When we got there I was only 2 cm dialated. An hour or more later I was only 3 cm, so the midwife broke my water to make things happen quicker. Long story short, I was only dialating a cm every couple hours. About 5:30pm I received my epidural. It hurt less than like the tiniest prick on your finger ever. It was awesome. I was worried for nothing. Anyway, an hour or so after my epidural I broke a fever which caused my baby to get a fever too. I hadn't had anything to eat but an apple that morning, so I believe it was from lack of food. Felicity's heart stopped beating three different times that day which scared me to death into multiple tears. About 7 or 8 nurses rushed in the room each time and put me under oxygen and tried to get her heart beating again. GOD IS AWESOME. She recovered each time. About this time, they let me know that I may have to have a C-Section b/c she was not in line with my cervix and her having a fever could be dangerous through regular child birth. We told them we wanted to keep trying to do it naturally, and my family and I have never prayed so consistently in all our lives! People all over the world were praying for Felicity's birth. We found out that Billy Graham's Crusaide was praying! I mean, everywhere! Again, GOD IS AWESOME.

Well, we tried everything. I even did an hour of pushing. Still, nothing. At 2:00am I signed papers for a C-Section. I was scared out of my mind, but knew God is in control. Aaron was supposed to be in the room with me, but the epidural wouldn't numb the left side of my stomach, so they had to put me to sleep. Aaron was not allowed to be in for the birth. At 2:33am, they told Aaron that they were beginning the surgery, and Monday morning June 26, 2006 at 2:35am FELICITY ELIZABETH JOHNSON was born!!! She weighed a whopping 8lbs. 12 oz. and was 21½ inches long! The surgery did not take long at all! 2 minutes! But, then it took about 15 minutes to sew me back up. They brought Felicity out to Aaron and he introduced her to the rest of our family that was still there. I love them for staying. About an hour and a half later, I woke up and met my daughter! She was SOOO cute!

Anyway, so, we arrived in the hospital on Sunday morning and we left to go home Thursday afternoon. When you have a C-Section, your hospital stay is alot longer. They've had to keep her on IV's all week b/c of her fever. They said she is most likely fine now, but they don't want to take any chances, so they are keeping her there until monday! :o( It was so hard to say goodbye, but we will see her soon! I am not allowed to go to the hospital to visit or feed her b/c i'm not supposed to be in a car after surgery. But, I've been pumping my milk (sorry to the guys) and Aaron brings her the milk and feeds her in the hospital, so she's at least getting mommy's nutrients!

Aaron's brother went with him this evening and took some pictures of Aaron with Felicity. Those are the pictures i'm putting on the blog tonight. Isn't she the CUTEST baby you've ever seen in your life!? Aaron said that as soon as he picked her up and talked to her she calmed down and got the biggest smile on her face! I'm so glad daddy can be with her! This was the first time he'd seen her since Thursday too.

Okay, i've typed sooo much. Wow! I told you it was my therapy. I've been crying, so I needed to let it all out! Pray that my days go fast! Love you all - thanks for your prayers! :o)

- Mommy Jodie

P.S. - OF COURSE! Blogger is being stupid again! I can't put any pictures on here. So, click this link and it will take you to my photo album. I put the pictures on there. You don't have to sign in to view the photo's... just click on the album and it will take you there! :o)

5 Comments:

  • At 12:39 PM, Blogger lyndsay said…

    jodie, our God is awesome. i'm sitting here crying in my in-laws' house at the beautiful story of how God GIVES!!!! praise the Lord for your beautiful new daughter. i'm so happy for you guys!

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Blogger Emily said…

    Oh my sweet Jode!! I can't wait to see you and your new baby girl! God is good and we will thank Him together!

     
  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger Yancy said…

    CONGRATS on a healthy Frantzine!!

    Derek Conrad Brown wanted to know (but was afraid to ask) if Frantzine is gassy like Josh.

     
  • At 2:47 PM, Blogger Yancy said…

    I predict your next baby will be born on April 14, 2007.

     
  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger ImaMommie said…

    Well, I wouldn't call her gassy, but I will say that she SURE lets us know when she does a "doo doo." It's louder than anyone i've ever heard!

    Haha... Wow! Hopefully our next won't be that soon! We're hoping for a couple years at least!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home